Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Curse Of California

I blame The Beach Boys. Tacky as hell, I know, but... I remember walking up to catch the bus just above the highway to Hillside in grade 7 feeling the pull of sunshine, sand and surf initiated by "Surfers Rule" off of from Surfer Girl. I was ignited! The call had fallen upon willing ears and hungry spirit... Soon my books, locker, clothing, and walls were covered with all things beach. An obsession built, leading quickly to skateboarding, which lead to the harder crimes of snowboarding and surfing. I've never looked back... well, I HAVE looked back, with knowing fondness that I had found the lifestyle with which I could identify... I'd found myself a way to express who I was and how I looked at the world.
THAT is why I, a 33 year-old man, rode a skateboard to work today.
Deal with it, and find something that's yours that you love. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherocious said...

I love wine. Is that the same thing?

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home