Monday, May 01, 2006

Score More

Books!
We grabbed some freebies this sunny Sunday. A few houses down they're replacing a bunch of old second-story windows, and the workers saw Soph and I leering at the discarded frames. After a few friendly words... ours. We figure that we'll get productive and convert them all to mirrors / picture frames. Projects...
We'll give them back to the street if it doesn't work out.
THEN, we spied 4 boxes of terrific books left at the curb. And not the usual textbooks and Grisham usually found in such a scenario - some solid stuff. It was like a trip to Balfour (pictured - miss you Mum!) for $0.00. Martin Amis, Simon Winchester... one of the 500 million copies of Life Of Pi floating around the world, and many more. We grabbed about 8 each - stoked.
I cleaned up the backyard a bit, and we barbecued 3 times:
1.) Pacific Halibut (What's up Gerr!)
2.) Chicken Burgers a la Sophia
3.) Marshmallows roasted on yard twigs. Highly recommended... it's not easy to stress about bullshit when you're eating a nicely roasted marshmallow.

Summer continues to bloom, skateboard madness continues to overtake me, my delightful partner continues to thrill me.

And the sun rises yet again.... warm and bright.
It may be apparent, I've been listening to Jack Johnson this morning. I make no apologies. He was just what I needed! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherocious said...

One day my house will have walls of books, just like that. Now I only have one wall.

Ethan's caught book fever as well, which is no less than thrilling. He insists on at least 4 books read to him before bedtime.

And, why wont my baby nap? Whyyyyy?

That is all. Miss you.

12:43 PM  
Blogger C. A. Jackson said...

J'agree... Nothing like JJ to put you in the right place. Almost a daily ritual for the Chrisman.

I miss my longboard. Sniff.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home